Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Alignment and Brakes

I didn't realize it at the time, but the front tires were brand new on the outside. And paper thin on the inside. I took it in to get aligned and a couple hundred dollars later they called to tell me Charlie needed brakes immediately or the alignment would be worthless. Oh, and they'd install them for a mere $250. I declined, went to Autozone and got brakes for $25, and took Charlie home to replace the brakes.

After lifting the front end and putting it on jack stands, I got to work. I heard this kinda alarming creaking sound only to see that the truck was so heavy it had sunk the jack stands into the asphalt an inch or so. Owen and Jack were so helpful on this project, as you may remember from pictures 18 months ago. New brakes in the front and a good alignment!

Bonding time for the boys with Dad and bonding time for Dad with Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment